Friday, July 06, 2007

The Beginning Of A WIP

I have never done this before, and I'm not sure what to think yet, but I am going to start a yo-yo lapghan for a local charity. I have been wanting to do this type of afghan for some time now, and I think this yarn gives me the perfect opportunity to do it. This yarn was donated to me by a family friend. The colors remind me of a sunset {my husband said the desert}, lots of oranges, golds, and some yellows, rusts, browns and creams. I will be joining the yo-yos with black. There are 15 skeins of yarn, but only 7 appear to be full skeins. I'm hoping this is enough yarn, but if not, I will just buy what I need. That's the beauty of this type of afghan, you can use all different colors.


I will be making a lapghan, 36" x 48". I am using an "H" hook. My yo-yos take 62" of yarn, they measure 1 3/8".


The joining round takes 36" of yarn, the yo-yos then measure 2 1/4".


So quick calculations tells me I will need approximately 16 yo-yos per row, 22 rows, equals 352 yo-yos. This total will probably be adjusted as I get into it. I will make enough yo-yos for a row, then I will join them. I am hoping that breaking it up this way will keep me going. I'm also going to tuck in the ends as I go, so this will not be an overwhelming task later on.

So, 1 down, 351 to go!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter